Researchers, from the University of Toronto, analyzed 117 adults with type 2 diabetes who are taking medications to lower blood sugar. Some people eat 75g of grain mix, others eat 3 whole wheat muffins and the rest eat half of both on a daily basis for 3 months.
All diets of subjects contain the same amount of calories, but nuts provide more unsaturated and low-carbohydrate fats.
The blood sugar level of the participants was evaluated about every 2 weeks.
Replacing part of the meat with a daily granule reduces the risk of premature death
This advice, given in July last year, suggests that replacing just a portion of the meat with a hard-shelled granule every day will reduce the risk of premature death by 17%.
20% improvement in diet reduces the risk of premature death from 8 to 17%.
This is equivalent to replacing a piece of meat with a single grain of nuts or a tablespoon of peanut butter every day.
The main types of mixed nuts include almonds, pistachios, walnuts, pecan nuts, hazelnuts, peanuts, cashew nuts and salt-free nuts and mostly live.
This snack also reduces "bad" cholesterol and lowers heart disease-related protein levels, called Apo-B.
The researchers believe that these findings highlight the importance of unsaturated fats and low carbohydrate levels in controlling type 2 diabetes.
The findings were published in the journal Diabetologia.
The study's lead author, Dr. Mercedes Sotos-Prieto, from Ohio University, said: "People do not need to follow a single eating plan to achieve a healthy eating pattern.
"Essential elements of a healthy diet include high portions of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, hard-shelled nuts and beans, and lower diets of red meat and processed meat, Sugary drinks and refined grains, like white rice and wheat flour ".
Chỉ 30g hạt điều mỗi ngày cho sức khỏe của bạn
- Carrot cake with cashew frosting (06-06-2023)
- The best food for children when vaccinated against COVID-19 (19-04-2022)
- Are cashew healthy for a diet? (04-04-2022)
- You cow's milk allergy? Do not worry, there are other alternative types of milk! (15-01-2021)
- 7 types of snacks with anti-aging, collagen proliferation effectively for you (28-05-2020)
- Cashew cake with carrots and raspberries (10-03-2020)
- What Will Happen to Your Body If You Eat 4 Cashews Every Day (24-10-2019)
- Make Your Own Organic Cashew Milk (16-02-2019)
- Eating nuts can help you lose weight (07-07-2018)
- Mango ice cream with honey roasted cashews (02-07-2018)