Made with ground cashews instead of cream and kicked up with an array of savory herbs and spices, it is the perfect thing to serve when you have mixed company. But don't make it just because it's vegan-friendly and easy. Make it because it's absolutely, amazingly delicious.
4 cups raw cashews
4 cups water
2 tablespoons neutral oil, such as canola
4 cups onions, chopped
1 cup celery, sliced
1/2 tablespoon salt
1-2 tablespoons chopped garlic
1 small chipotle, dried or in adobo (optional, or more to taste)
1 tablespoon dried basil
1 tablespoon dried dill
1 teaspoon ground fennel
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon curry powder
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
2 28-oz cans whole or chopped tomatoes
The juice from one lemon or lime
Chopped parsley or basil for garnish (optional)
- In a blender (or using an immersion blender) blend the cashews and water until smooth. I find it helpful to do this in an 8-cup batter bowl, which gives me enough room to really blend the cashews with my immersion blender. A Vitamix would also be handy although a regular blender will work as well. Set aside. Don't wash your blender as you will be using it again soon.
- In a large sauce pan or Dutch oven, heat the oil, and add the onion, celery and salt. Cook slowly, partially covered. Stir occasionally. When onions are soft and translucent, add the garlic and chipotle and cook until fragrant. Add remaining spices and continue to cook another minute or two.
- Add tomatoes and cashew milk, and stir. Bring to a gentle simmer and cook until soup begins to thicken slightly, about 10 minutes. Blend using an immersion blender, or in batches in a blender (be very careful when blending hot liquids!), until soup is smooth. Return to pot, taste for seasoning, and add the lemon or lime juice if needed. Reheat gently, watching carefully as it's easy to scorch the bottom.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with the optional herbs.
Chỉ 30g hạt điều mỗi ngày cho sức khỏe của bạn
- The best food for children when vaccinated against COVID-19 (19-04-2022)
- Are cashew healthy for a diet? (04-04-2022)
- You cow's milk allergy? Do not worry, there are other alternative types of milk! (15-01-2021)
- Carrot cake with cashew frosting (08-08-2020)
- 7 types of snacks with anti-aging, collagen proliferation effectively for you (28-05-2020)
- Cashew cake with carrots and raspberries (10-03-2020)
- Diabetic patients should eat these nuts every day (29-01-2020)
- What Will Happen to Your Body If You Eat 4 Cashews Every Day (24-10-2019)
- Make Your Own Organic Cashew Milk (16-02-2019)
- Eating nuts can help you lose weight (07-07-2018)