This unique rice side dish is packed with Thai coconut flavors and is a mouthwatering dish to accompany just about any protein you’d like! Coconut rice is tossed with crisp veggies, salty cashews, sprinkled with fresh herbs, and drizzled with a spicy peanut sauce!
1½ cups dry jasmine rice (or basmati)
15 oz unsweetened coconut milk (from a carton or can)
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp salt
1 cup water
1 cup shredded red cabbage
1 cup shredded carrots
1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
¾ cup green onions, thinly sliced
1 cup cashews, finely chopped
Handful of whole cashews
Extra chopped cilantro
SPICY THAI PEANUT SAUCE:
1/3 cup natural creamy peanut butter
1/4 cup coconut milk (from a carton or can)
1 1/2 Tbsp soy sauce
1 1/2 Tbsp tamari
1 1/2 Tbsp brown sugar
1 1/2 Tbsp minced fresh ginger
2 Tbsp lime juice
1 tsp minced garlic
1/2 tsp sriracha
1 tsp red curry paste
1 small shallot, peeled and finely minced
To a medium pot, add rice, coconut milk, minced garlic, salt and water. Stir together to combine, cover, and bring to a boil.
Once boiling, reduce heat to LOW and simmer for 25 minutes.
Remove from heat and let pot sit, still covered, for 10 minutes.
Remove lid and fluff rice with a fork.
While rice is cooking, chop cabbage, carrots, cilantro, green onions and cashews. Set aside.
Let rice cool slightly, and while it's cooling, prepare peanut sauce.
Add all Thai peanut sauce ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth or until your desired consistency. If sauce is too thick for your liking, add a splash of coconut milk at a time, blending until thinner.
Toss cooled rice with chopped ingredients in a large serving bowl.
Garnish and drizzle with peanut sauce.
Chỉ 30g hạt điều mỗi ngày cho sức khỏe của bạn
- The best food for children when vaccinated against COVID-19 (19-04-2022)
- Are cashew healthy for a diet? (04-04-2022)
- You cow's milk allergy? Do not worry, there are other alternative types of milk! (15-01-2021)
- Carrot cake with cashew frosting (08-08-2020)
- 7 types of snacks with anti-aging, collagen proliferation effectively for you (28-05-2020)
- Cashew cake with carrots and raspberries (10-03-2020)
- Diabetic patients should eat these nuts every day (29-01-2020)
- What Will Happen to Your Body If You Eat 4 Cashews Every Day (24-10-2019)
- Make Your Own Organic Cashew Milk (16-02-2019)
- Eating nuts can help you lose weight (07-07-2018)