When choosing salads as a low-fat diet choice be careful of ingredients used and the amount of dressing drizzled over the salad. Both can add up fat grams and calories quickly.
1/2 lb bacon
1/2 cup cashews, pieces
5 ounces spinach
1/2 head lettuce, about 8 ounces bagged
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
Poppy Seed Dressing:
2/3 cup oil
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup red wine vinegar
1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
1 1/2 teaspoons red onions, finely grated
1 tablespoon poppy seed
- Chop bacon and fry until crisp.
- Drain on paper towel to remove as much excess fat as possible. Wash spinach and lettuce then tear leaves into bite size pieces.
- Place in Salad bowl.
- Add cashew pieces, grated cheese, and crumbled bacon.
- Toss when ready to serve. Serve with poppy seed dressing.
- NOTE: Fat grams may be reduced to 1 gram per serving if bacon and cashews are eliminated.
- Each add approximately 3 grams of fat per serving.
- Poppy Seed Dressing: Place all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth.
- Alternate method: finely grate onion, add remaining ingredients and beat with mixer until well blended.
Chỉ 30g hạt điều mỗi ngày cho sức khỏe của bạn
- Carrot cake with cashew frosting (06-06-2023)
- The best food for children when vaccinated against COVID-19 (19-04-2022)
- Are cashew healthy for a diet? (04-04-2022)
- You cow's milk allergy? Do not worry, there are other alternative types of milk! (15-01-2021)
- 7 types of snacks with anti-aging, collagen proliferation effectively for you (28-05-2020)
- Cashew cake with carrots and raspberries (10-03-2020)
- Diabetic patients should eat these nuts every day (29-01-2020)
- What Will Happen to Your Body If You Eat 4 Cashews Every Day (24-10-2019)
- Make Your Own Organic Cashew Milk (16-02-2019)
- Eating nuts can help you lose weight (07-07-2018)