Vietnam exported 257,000 tons of cashew nuts in 2013, up 15.8 percent year-on-year, presenting the eighth consecutive year the country has topped the world's cashew nuts exports.
In 2013, Vietnam earned 1.63 billion U.S. dollars from selling cashew nuts to overseas markets, up 9.7 percent year-on-year, said a report by Vietnam's Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development on Friday.
Together with exports of extra products from cashew nuts such as cashew nut shell oil, Vietnam's cashew export revenue in 2013 hit 2 billion U.S. dollars, said the report.
According to the ministry, major markets for Vietnam's cashew nuts include the United States, China and the Netherlands, accounting for 33.09, 17.72 and 9.66 percent of the country's total cashew nut export revenue in 2013 respectively.
Accomplishments of Vietnam's cashew nut export in 2013 were attributed for great efforts by Vietnamese processing and exporting companies, amid gloomy world economy and decreasing purchasing power in world market, assessed the report.
E-portal of Vietnamese government quoted Vietnam Cashew Association on Friday as saying that in 2014, the association set the target of maintaining cashew nuts export volume and increasing the product's export price to pocket some 2 billion U.S. dollars from shipping cashew nuts to world markets.
Chỉ 30g hạt điều mỗi ngày cho sức khỏe của bạn
- 05 agricultural products with high trade surplus (17-02-2023)
- Zinc - Immune Enhancing (10-02-2023)
- Vietnam is the largest supplier of cashew nuts to Russia in 2020 (07-04-2021)
- Hat Viet Company exports cashew to Korea in March 2021 (30-03-2021)
- Hat Viet Company exported 2 containers to Bangladesh (16-10-2020)
- New opportunity for cashew exports from the EVFTA Agreement (25-06-2020)
- Outlook branch of Vietnam in 2019 (19-04-2019)
- Exports of 2018 are expected to reach 3,4 billion USD (31-12-2018)
- Cashew processing is struggling due to lack of raw materials (28-06-2018)
- Tet tradefair in Phu Tho Stadium (19-01-2018)